On Week SIX of the Curate Your State course, I realized that NOT ONCE had I shared all six PRINCIPLES of AAIT. It’s a pilot program and fortunately, I have a forgiving group. They STILL haven’t heard all six at the same time. THIS is why we run pilot programs ☺️
The core truths around which Acceptance and Integration Training (AAIT) is built are principles I have experienced first-hand in my OWN life. I have witnessed evidence of them in the lives of my clients, and the reports from other AAIT practitioners and trainees coupled with reports from their clients.
These principles inform the practice of AAIT. They foster, along with the phases, a crucible for transformation, spiritual counseling.
This model can be thought of as a transpersonal psychology, form of spiritual counseling even for those who don’t think of themselves as spiritual. Here’s why, the benefits of this crucible typically leads to a steadier sense of being, decreases in reactivity, increases in present focused attention and compassion --- all hallmarks of spiritual well-being.
I’m going to keep this short and sweet for you for the time being. No explanation, just the principles.
Sit with them.
Roll them around in your awareness, like a pearl or a box with secrets.
How do they resonate with you, or not?
When have you experienced glimpses of them in your life?
- The true self is not encumbered by the limitations of a narrative. The true self is a being.
- Taking responsibility for and tending to our inner state is the source of our freedom.
- The non-dual states of empty consciousness are an indication and mechanism of transformation. Cultivating an awareness of this territory contributes to increases in present focused attention, empathy, self-compassion and more skillful choices.
- Self-acceptance is a means and measure of wellbeing.
- Resolving reactivity reveals higher states of consciousness.
- Integration of two opposing states can alleviate psychological suffering.
Join us on Facebook and share your thoughts, insights, questions, and objections.